What to expect at interview
Congratulations – you’ve been invited for interview by one of our clients. You are now half way there. Be sure you use this time to this best of your ability and ensure you are fully prepared. Remember! Knowledge is confidence.
What are you going to wear?
99% of the time we would expect candidates to wear formal business wear, but if you have any doubts, please clarify with the person setting up your interview.
How are you going to get to the interview?
We will provide you with details of the location of the office where your interview is to be held. If you have any doubts, please clarify with the person setting up your interview. Travel these days is rarely problem free, so make sure you have a contact name and number to call if you are delayed, especially if you have an evening appointment.
What questions will you be asked?
The actual interview, as you’d expect, is your opportunity to tell them all about you! Use the opportunity to show them how much you’ve researched the company and be prepared for the interview. You have control of the floor and they are your audience.
Remember the type of role you are going for. *Make sure you know your current sales figures / achievements or whatever KPI targets your current company have and how your commission structures work*
They will be pleased to answer (almost!) any question but you may want to know about:
- Professional Development
- Methods of working
- Culture of the Firm
- Remuneration Firm-wide successes
- Strategic plans
- The interview process and time table
- And how about a typical day? Arguably, no days are typical, but you will get a good idea of what they do on a daily basis
They will want to know more about:
- Your relevant experience
- They may ask you questions to test your technical understanding.
- They will want to know what your aspirations are and how they can help you fulfill them.
- They will want to know what you know about the company, the type of business they undertake and how they approach their market.
Interview and Selection Process
As a general rule successful candidates attend two or three interviews to meet various managers and team members. We will always let you know what our clients process involves, but please do ask if you are not sure.